How to make Mini Lasagna Muffins | Cooking with Butters
Delicious layers of meat sauce, cheese and pasta to make mini, muffin sized lasagnas.
- 500 grams / 1.1 pound minced beef
- 500 grams / 1.1 pound favorite pasta sauce (I used Leggos Red Wine Bolognese)
- Fresh Lasagna sheets OR 24 Wanton Wrappers (wonton wrappers are thinner but when cooked are crunchier)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- (optional) 2 tbsp red wine added to sauce
- 300g / 10.5 oz Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 250ml / 8.4 oz Crème Fraiche
Pre-heat oven to 190 °C / 375 °F
Spray muffin tray with cooking oil
Using a dollop of olive oil, gently sauté the garlic
Add the beef and brown, season with salt and pepper
Add pasta sauce and cook until thick
In a separate bowl mix crème fraiche and parmesan together
Start layering your mini lasagnas as follows:Press 1 wanton wrapper in the muffin tray and then press a second one over the top to fill the gaps OR cut fresh lasagna sheets into squares and press one on top on the other in the muffin tray
Add a dollop of crème fraiche mixture, followed by a little meat sauce, followed by a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
Repeat the layers again, finishing with the mozzarella cheese
Bake for 20 minutes or until brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool in muffin tray for 5 minutes. To remove use the blunt edge of a knife to loosen the edges, then pop each lasagna out of the muffin tin
Serve hot and enjoy!