I really enjoyed making these, and when we took them to work they went within seconds!
Try them yourself, they are super easy and will impress your friends! (especially if they think you can’t cook!)
I’d love to know what you think in the comments below 🙂
Mouth Watering Melting Moments
Prep + cook time 40 minutes (plus cooling)
250g (8 ounces) butters, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup icing (confectioners) sugars
1 ½ cups plain (all-purpose) flour
½ cup cornflour (corn-starch)
90g (3 ounces) softened butter
¾ cup icing (confectioners) sugar
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat over to 160°C / 325°F. Grease two oven trays and line with baking paper
2. Beat butter, extract and sifted icing sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add cornflour and then flour in two batches.
3. With floured hands, roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls; flatten slightly with a floured fork.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until a biscuit can be pressed gently without breaking; stand on tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool
5. Make butter cream
6. Sandwich biscuits with butter cream.
BUTTER CREAM – Beat butter, sifted icing sugar and rind into a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, beat in juice.
Eat and enjoy!