Ok so I’ve been trying to get Butters to help out, but she’s becoming a rebellious teenager and good luck her lifting a finger to help me cook these delicious Bacon and egg nests! I think she prefers to play.
If you’re like me you love bacon, and also love breakfast.So when I made these hashbrown nests I ate four in one sitting…I probably wouldn’t recommend that haha!
Click the image above to watch the video 🙂
Try them out and let me know what you think ❤
Breakfast Bacon and Egg Nests
- 5 eggs
- 5 button mushrooms
- 4 rashers bacon
- 2 cups potato gems or hash browns – defrosted
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven – moderate ( 190°C / 350°F)
- Grease muffin tray
- Slice half the bacon into strips and line the bottom of the muffin tins in a cross shape
- Mash the potato gems and press into the muffin tins over the top of the bacon, creating a lining of little potato nests
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden
- Remove from oven and add a sprinkle of chopped bacon and chopped mushrooms to each nest
- Beat eggs and add thyme, salt and pepper.
- Poor egg mixture into the nests
- Bake for a further 15 minutes
- Use a knife or spatula to scoop out nests, then serve hot and eat!